Tuesday, October 30, 2018

Creativity and New Media

For this blog post, Professor Weisel did not give any specific guidelines as to how to write the post and what  to include in it. Unsurprisingly, this became my favorite assignment to date (not that I don't enjoy writing a bibliography for a ten-page paper). To continue on a similar note that the last paragraph of my last post set, new media, including virtual worlds encourage creativity in and between people. What this means is that they provide a means to communicate with others and create things that are novel and innovative.

One way to do this is through an immensely popular website known as YouTube, which allows people to upload pictures through a google account so that anyone can access it, watch it, like it, dislike it and comment on it. This means that it gives people a platform. A platform where they can make their voice be heard. As long as the content is not illegal, offensive or inappropriate, video-makers can share whatever they want to share. This can range from academic lectures to videos of them playing video games.

Because of this great opportunity of the assignment, I decided to make a compilation of videos that my cousin has been sending me, of my dad making, yes you guessed it, dad jokes! My father lives in another country, so I don't get to see him a lot, but these videos make me feel like he is not too far after all. One might say that is the beauty of new media; it makes the world smaller. The compilation video I made includes videos that are genuinely made, not for the purpose of this assignment, but literally made to make me laugh.

New media, specifically Youtube, allowed me to create a compilation and get creative with it. It also allowed me to share it with you all so that we can all laugh and enjoy the positivity. This is something that not only would I have not been able to do without new media, but also would not have thought to do. It encouraged me to get creative and to share the small silly moments that I share with my family through a video. Additionally, my father would have never put so much effort in thinking of and finding so-called dad jokes, if it wasn't for recording it and sending it through new media platforms.

I truly hope you enjoy it, and at least let out a chuckle!

Click here for the video!

All the best and see you soon,

Nanar

1 comment:

  1. Wow, your dedication to creativity will not go unnoticed! I agree with you that social media these days have enabled people to showcase their creativity to the fullest, as evident with your video on Youtube.

    ReplyDelete